Sunday 7 August 2011

While My MP3 Gently Plays

I'm still on holidays but didn't fancy leaving the blog inactive. That's why I'll keep sharing with you the music I listen to on my mp3 regularly.

"Can I Kick It?" was not the first tune I heard by A Tribe Called Quest. That one was "I Left My Wallet in El Segundo". Still, when I feel like grooving, there's nothing like the good ol' Tribe to pump music into my ears. Nostalgic.




Stevie's written so many anthems that it's hard to choose which one to listen to on my diminutive Sony gadget. However, "Master Blaster (Jammin')" is always there at the top of my playlist. Truly amazing.




And if we're discussing anthems, then, we need to include Aerosmith's "Dream On". One of those eyes-closed, arms-aloft, lighters-up-above-our-heads melodies. What do you think Steven Tyler was telling the guitarist (0:40)? Answers on a postcard, please. Mesmerising.




We're finishing on a high today, with Africa's finest, Amadou and Mariam. Please, do not be fooled. The words to this song might appear simple at first sight, yet, they are deep. Perfect musical stimulation for those moments when you are physically exhausted (especially after doing some tiring housework during the holidays) and need something to bring you back from that "zombie zone" into which we all fall once in a while. The chorus of this groovy tune should suffice, then: chantez-chantez/jouez-jouez/dansez-dansez. Magical.




Next Post: "While My MP3 Gently Plays", to be published on Sunday 14th August at 10am (GMT)

3 comments:

  1. enjoy your holidays...and we will enjoy the music in your absence..Greetings from London...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Stevie Wonder just wonderful? I hope you're enjoying your vacation and thanks for stopping by my blog. I do hope things settle down in London soon. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your comments. It's been pretty grim these days. And I'm not talking about the weather. Loads of coppers on the streets as a result of the riots.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...