Sunday 28 August 2011

While My MP3 Gently Plays

Back from Cornwall today but still on holidays. The blog, though, carries on and the music shall never stop.

Kicking off our weekly rendezvous with our beautiful and practical mp3 player, we have Richie Ray & Bobby Cruz with a powerful Latin number, "Agúzate". Mind-blowing.




We continue in the same Latin vibe and now we have Telmary featuring both Kumar and William Vivanco from my homeland. I love the visuals in "Ves", taken from Telmary's debut "A Diario" and reviewed on this blog last year. Hip-hop with a Cuban attitude. Love it!




Like spiders scurrying away from a bag that's just been opened. That's the recurring image that always pops into my head whenever I see Aziza Mustafa Zadeh's fingers working the blacks and whites. She is a regular on this blog and may she continue to be. "Heartbeat" is part of my mp3's DNA and has already been uploaded a couple of times in this space. And it will continue to be. Energetic.




And last, but not least, Billie Holiday singing "Strange Fruit". Because occasionally some people forget, so we have to remind them.




Next Post: "While My MP3 Gently Plays", to be published on Sunday 4th September at 10am (GMT)

9 comments:

  1. I turned on Aziza, and yes very energetic. Happy Sunday Cuban.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, everyone. I just got back from Cornwall a few hours ago. Great experience and lovely memories. I will be back fulfilling my normal "blog duties" in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I will be popping by your blogs later this week.

    Thanks for your kind comments.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely selection of music this week - thanx - I have often done Strange Fruit as a poem with students - very powerful stuff - Greetings from the French Riviera...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last comment about Billie Holiday -- so true.

    Welcome back --

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back from Cornwall! I love that area. Thanks for passing on the Latin vibe. I especially liked Ves, both the music and the cool hybrid images. Very impressive finger work in Heartbeat. And who doesn’t love Billie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the hot recommendations! Not known to me, apart from Billie, but I've added them to my Spotify library...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the hot recommendations! Not known to me, apart from Billie, but I've added them to my Spotify library...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great selection. Most enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...